Saturday, July 18, 2009

I Never Intended on Becoming a Hazulnet Coffee Drinker! What Happened?

I really can't believe it. I now drink coffee. I never pictured myself as a part of the coffee generation. I still love my soda, but now in the morning I find myself having a cup of hazelnut coffee before I leave for work and one to two cups while at work. This has just taken place in the past year or so. As I look back, I think it may have had something to do with having a toddler in the house and also just beginning to build a website.

Building a website from scratch is quite an undertaking and there are many hours accumulated hovering over the computer. In order to find a few more hours in the day I started getting up at about 5:00 am before work and also on the weekends. This not being my normal routine, I guess I found myself in need of some additional wake up help to be able to get up that early in the morning. Along came coffee!

Long ago, I never really cared for the Hazelnut Coffee at all, even in sweets or baked goods. I think it all started when my husband and I were on a particularly cold motorcycle ride with quite a few more miles to go before home. We had stopped at a gas station for fuel and I thought I might be able to get a cup of coffee. The only thing available was flavored coffee. I gave it a try because I was really cold and was surprised by how good it really was. (Now I know all of you coffee experts out there are probably chuckling at the quality of gas station coffee, but I guess we all start somewhere.)

Anyway...at some point I started buying the hazelnut coffee at the grocery store and then graduated to General Foods International Coffees. My husband drinks regular coffee at home, but I never touched it, at least not then.

Then at work we moved our offices and now, with a coffeemaker nearby, I have started drinking hazelnut coffee at work. Just recently did I learn how to make a decent pot of hazelnut coffee. Talk about feeling out of touch! I am not sure if I make the hazelnut coffee too strong or too weak, but no one has complained yet. I have even learned that it is pretty easy to make hazelnut coffee in a large party percolator pot, a task that was completely foreign to me before.

I still add a flavored creamer to the coffee, but I am really starting to like the coffee on its own. My favorite flavor creamer is hazelnut coffee. I have also tried a type of hazelnut coffee flavored coffee concentrate syrup that can be used in baking and with ice cream and I am really starting to develop a taste for it as well.

My husband says it is only a matter of time before I start drinking hazelnut coffee straight up black, with nothing added. I am not so sure, but not so long ago I wouldn't have thought of myself as a coffee drinker. Go figure. Time will tell.

Laura Warnke is owner of an online gourmet retail store, The Topping Shoppe LLC .
Here you will find a great selection of dessert sauces and ice cream sundae toppings to purchase. Visit my website at All-About-Dessert-Sauces.com to find out more about dessert sauces and how to serve them, along with easy ice cream and dessert sauce recipes.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Laura_Warnke

No comments:

Post a Comment